Today we remember David Fetzer. He was a creative soul — director, actor, musician. He was one of my brother’s closest friends, and very dear to my parents as well. Four years ago, he died from an unintentional prescription drug overdose. He had been getting help. It wasn’t suicide — all signs pointed to him trying to get free from addiction.
David Fetzer was a creative soul — director, actor, musician.
Similarly, about eight years ago, our neighbor’s son died from an unintentional prescription drug overdose. Again, he was at the point of getting help.
Please take some time to read this article by David’s mother about how dependence on prescription drugs can happen slowly, and how hard it is to break free.